At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor Teammate Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
Job Description – Supports the customer experience by providing on-site customer service to clients using critical thinking skills and resources provided. Steps in and acts in all functions (Order management, product flow, backorder management, and credits) on the Customer Service team as needed. Acts as primary customer point of contact in a manner that maximizes customer satisfaction.
Core Responsibilities –
- Responsible for customer experience, maintaining a professional demeanor during entire interaction with customers.
- Answers incoming inquiries in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Provides superior service to client resulting in high rate of first contact resolution.
- Acts as an internal champion for customer experience.
- Handles all incoming issues and either resolves them or assigns tasks to the appropriate team within Customer Service or other internal O&M team, using smart customer‐focused decision-making skills; forwards all non‐essential duties to the appropriate support desks (backorders, drop ships, credits) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows up on all outstanding tasks to ensure completion and provides updates to customer as needed.
- Anticipates, and where appropriate, mitigates any issues before they can negatively impact the customer experience.
- Proactively communicates surfaced issues to the Customer in order to address and resolve as quickly as possible.
- Fully documents all work performed and communications conducted with customer using case management software to appropriately record and track outstanding activities.
- Understands and prioritizes incoming requests using in depth knowledge of healthcare critical and customer specific needs.
- Acts as liaison for all customer interaction and escalation point as necessary.
- Triages complex issues, acting as point person to ensure timely resolution.
- Customer Order Management
- Accurately enters manual orders as needed to support customer request.
- Accurately records detailed information about the order as requested.
- Researches and verifies order line errors and accurately corrects UOM/product/part number issues within customer requirements.
- Works with Operations and Inventory Control to research and account for shipping/receiving discrepancies when a supplier has indicated they have shipped goods not yet in O&M inventory.
- Adjust customer order quantities within Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) to properly reflect flow of goods.
- Communicates updates of order lines/order issues to customer effectively and timely.
- Customer Order Status Inquiry
- Researches and responds to all order ETA requests in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with various supply chain touchpoints [Suppliers, Distribution Centers (DC), transportation companies, Master Data Management (MDM) team, etc.] to research item status for all work assigned to proactively prevent customer order issues.
- Populates order status information into Customer Backorder reporting in a timely manner to meet daily Service Level Requirements.
- Executes all expedites and Inter‐Branch Transfer (IBT) requests in an accurate and cost sensitive manner.
- Customer Backorder Reporting Management
- Research and documents status of unfilled customer sales order lines for work assigned post customer sales order cutoff.
- Populates information into Customer backorder reporting in a timely manner to meet daily service level requirements.
- Accurately records reports of shipping discrepancies, customer requests for return and receipt of unsalable products and opens case in CRM tool; effectively communicates O & M return policy to customers and ensures that customer understands the policy.
- Processes credits, re‐ships and returns and obtains Certificate‐of‐Destruction for items not returned.
- Sends Return Goods Authorizations (RGAs) and works with distribution centers (DC) on need for Call Tags.
- Assures all appropriate fees are accurately assessed in accordance with O&M policy. Supply Disruption Root Cause Identification
- Identifies problem vendors and escalates recurring issues such as recalls, consistently late orders, receiving discrepancies caused by damaged or missing product, and missed delivery appointments.
- Identifies receiving delays at the Distribution Centers (DC) and or Manufacturing sites and works with the Regional Asset Manager & General Manager to resolve.
- Maintains some cross‐functional knowledge of other CS team roles.
- Collaborates directly with other customer service, purchasing support, and finance operations teammates.
- Internal Communication
- Acts as the main point of contact for customer service team.
- Works within a shared‐services environment, with matrix reporting lines to Customer Experience leadership and Service Process leadership.
- External Communication
- Responds and communicates directly with customer on all order management service requests.
- Communicates with vendors to determine the status of customer orders.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Qualifying Experience –
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 or more years of relevant experience (Customer Service, Order Management, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation; Customer Service certification preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix organization where direction may come from direct manager and/or a process owner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning, organizational, and recordkeeping skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to seek issue resolution and problem solve.
- Strong follow‐up skills
- PC/Systems skills & knowledge: MS Office required; ability to quickly learn and utilize enterprise software technologies like ERP and CRM systems; Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Ability to use critical thinking in order to determine best course of resolution for a problem; role requires cross‐functional awareness and ability to classify/triage customer issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of Health Care industry preferred.
Additional details – The schedule required for this position is 11:00am-8:00pm
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.