AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences. Powering the tracking of over 4.4billion order shipments for 17,000 eCommerce retailers like Amazon, Harry’s and Kylie Cosmetics, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
Our strong product market fit, prioritizing solving real problems for our customers, has resulted in a strong growth trajectory for the company. We secured a 66 million dollar Series B in 2021.
At AfterShip, we are building a diverse and high-performing culture that encourages collaboration and experimentation on a global scale. Even as a company with over 10 years under our belt and 450 AfterShippers across our 8 global offices, we embrace a dynamic and agile approach to our work.
We operate with a flat team structure, where you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas and take ownership over your work to create meaningful impact for the business and the customers we serve. If you’re looking for a vehicle to achieve your professional goals and work alongside fantastic teams, we invite you to join us.
As a Social Media Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in shaping AfterShip’s online presence and fostering community engagement with ecommerce merchants and technology partners.
This dynamic position requires a unique blend of storytelling prowess and relationship-building skills. As the voice of our brand on social platforms, your mission will be to engage with our audience, partners, and community, telling the AfterShip story one post at a time.
The ideal Social Media Specialist is a strategic thinker with a knack for identifying creative angles and bringing them to life through captivating content. You’ll have experience both writing content and creating video, have a good eye for design, and understand the fundamentals of B2B SaaS marketing. Your day-to-day? Crafting magnetic social media content for channels like LinkedIn and TikTok, working with internal stakeholders to support their initiatives, and reporting on our performance and making recommendations about where to take our social strategy next.
The Social Media Specialist is part of AfterShip’s Global Marketing team. There may be the need to work outside of regular office hours for team meetings or in order to collaborate with members of the team in APAC up to twice a week.
We’re looking for someone who genuinely loves and understands eCommerce and the products we offer, so they can naturally and authentically communicate them to our customers. Sound like you? Then we’d love to see you apply!
What You’ll Do:
- Shape and implement social media strategies for multiple channels, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter/X.
- Create content best suited to each channel that supports the growth of our brand and promotes company initiatives, products, and culture. (Experience creating both written and video content is a must.) Regularly maintain a social calendar and run regular sync meetings giving stakeholders an overview of what posts you’re working on, when they’re due for release, and how they relate to internal messaging.
- Establish processes and standards for accepting requests from other teams at AfterShip by establishing strong working agreements with each.
- Provide guidance, insight, and review for internal stakeholders in sales and partnerships to create their own social media posts promoting AfterShip.
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to repurpose, promote, and distribute editorial content in our social channels.
- Monitor and track our brand presence on social media channels, with regular reporting on engagement and recommendations for improvement.
- Be the face of AfterShip and its brands across all key platforms in regards to short-form video.
Who We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in Social Media; Bachelor’s degree in a related-field preferred.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, including the ability to cooperate cross-functionally or to work solo to deliver results.
- A track record of building a social audience with a large following will also be considered; this could be your own audience or for a company.
- Previous experience creating content related to the following topics preferred, but not essential: eCommerce, branded retail, B2B, sales, tech, SaaS.
- A collaborative, team-driven attitude, committed to shared goals, managing, and influencing great work across the marketing team.
- Experience with social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, etc.) and design tools (Canva, Figma, etc.) is a plus.
- Favorable time zone overlap with APAC preferred.
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our diverse and geeky culture, started by our software engineer turned CEO and cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. You’ll be part of a solutions-oriented team that puts egos aside to achieve new milestones and tackle challenges together.
- We’re a remote-first team, meaning by default that employees work from home or on a hybrid-flexible basis in our hub locations (Toronto, Austin, Barcelona). You’re empowered to choose a work setup that works best for you and your team. With flexible hours depending on your time zone, you’ll be able to have a schedule that fits your working style and the requirements of your role.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world — one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
- Competitive compensation
- Remote-first/hybrid-flexible work setups
- Healthcare coverage offered from day 1
- Career progression & professional development
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Invest in your learning + monthly book perk
- In-office lunch and commuter benefits for those located in our hub locations
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.