Leidos Corporate Group is currently seeking a Senior Technical Writer to write, edit and publish high-quality IT standard operating procedures, processes and policies as well as end user communications, instructions and web content.
- Work with a project team to design, create, and document IT standard operating procedures, processes, and IT System Documentation for various audiences
- Create user friendly digital how-to guides for end users so they can understand the process
- Help create and edit training materials including slides and videos to help train employees on new processes
- Help create and edit user friendly messaging to help end users understand process changes, how change will benefit them, and what their role is in ensuring success
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years of technical writing and editing experience.
- Prior experience must include 5 years of experience writing and editing end-user facing IT instructions and IT communications
- At least 2 years’ experience with writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), IT policies, or IT procedures that can help
- Leidos strengthen IT documentation for internal or external audit readiness.
- Experience with writing SOPs and IT system documentation supporting National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST),
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) or similar
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint expert
- Experience using WSYWIG editors for publishing online content
- Strong writer and editor, grammar expert with a strong attention to detail who can embrace and follow established style guides, processes, tools, and templates
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, prioritization and critical thinking skills
- Proactive, agile, adaptable, and inquisitive team player who is ready to implement objectives swiftly and effectively
- Analyze, evaluate, document, and recommend improvements for IT policy and business processes (as-is and to-be states)
- Skills with Visio, MadCap Flare, SharePoint Online, M365, Excel, SnagIt, Camtasia
- Highly organized with an orientation toward efficiency, common sense and best, most practical process always putting the end user first
- Growth mindset: Ability and interest in learning and growing, exploring different types of technical communications and information development, and learning from and mentoring others
- Ability to support and work on a variety of projects and assignments simultaneously
Please note that budgeted salary is closer to midpoint of the range.
Pay Range $75,400.00 – $136,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.