We are BrainGu
We are a technology company that builds platforms for Developers and End-users. We offer a comprehensive approach to support our customer’s ability to change the box and solve complex problems.
If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We believe tech is only 1/3 of the job. The other 2/3 of that is being a human that appreciates our team and customer. We are interested in working with people with lived experiences because they strengthen our technical delivery and are extremely valuable to our work. That’s why our review system focuses on our cultural pillars – Execution, Citizenship, and Diplomacy – in equal measures.
The Senior Software Engineer role is part of an application development team within BrainGu tasked with building and maintaining mission critical apps for our customers as part of the Mission-Apps-as-a-Service offering. Mission Apps-as-a-Service puts operators side by side with world-class BrainGu software engineering teams. This ensures modern and secure development at the fastest tempo possible and aligned directly to mission needs.
This role is also expected to be able to support and switch between various projects, so organization is a key skill required. The ideal candidate will be a battle-hardened web developer that has significant experience architecting and building production-grade products in React within small, high-paced teams.
- Responsible for delivering work under tight deadlines, and is committed to work as needed to complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Experienced in communicating complex topics to customers, peers, and leadership verbally and in writing, along with understanding and executing functional and technical specifications.
- Researching and tracking flaws with proven ability to use debuggers, log output, and other sources to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate bugs.
- This position requires a US Government Clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- 5+ years working experience in the following areas:
- Programming applications and systems in Python
- Working with Python frameworks (ie. Django, flask, or others)
- Working with staged environments (ie. development, integration/testing and production)
- Using agile methodologies (ie. Scrum, Kanban, XP, or others)
- Usage of at least one NoSQL database engine, relational database technology, web application technologies, cloud computing platforms, and shell script.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems:
- MacOS, Windows, Linux, or others
- MongoDB, Couch, Cassandra, HBase, Neo4J, Redis, Memcached, or others
- MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle. Postgres, IBM DB2, or others
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, or others
- Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerization infrastructure as code
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for birth or adoption
- 31 days of PTO, which includes federal holidays
- 100% employer-paid insurance plans (employee-only)
- 401k matching with immediate vesting
- $10k “BrainBudget” to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- $1,500 “Battle Station Budget” to outfit your home office with maximum RGB
- 85% paid healthcare premiums for you, your spouse, and dependents
- A monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Supplemental Tricare plan for Veterans
- Monthly stipend for Veterans