Make a difference here.
UltraViolet Cyber is a leading platform-enabled unified security operations company providing a comprehensive suite of security operations solutions. Founded and operated by security practitioners with decades of experience, the UltraViolet Cyber security-as-code platform combines technology innovation and human expertise to make advanced real-time cybersecurity accessible for all organizations by eliminating risks of separate red and blue teams.
By creating continuously optimized identification, detection, and resilience from today’s dynamic threat landscape, UltraViolet Cyber provides both managed and custom-tailored unified security operations solutions to the Fortune 500, Federal Government, and Commercial clients. UltraViolet Cyber is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with global offices across the U.S. and in India.
UltraViolet Cyber is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Security Operations Analyst , who will assume a pivotal role in managing the daily operations of our Operations Center. This position requires a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of intrusion detection, incident response, and network optimization. You will lead a team of talented analysts, contribute to enhancing our security measures, and play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of our network infrastructure.
No third-party candidates will be considered.
- Lead and manage a team of security analysts
- Investigate and evaluate network traffic, analyze data from various sources, and create logical narratives for observed behaviors
- Implement best practices in incident response, monitoring, and network optimization
- Collaborate with the team to improve the security posture of our infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain robust security measures to protect against potential threats
- Work with a variety of technical tools, such as Splunk ES, Splunk SOAR, Snort-based IDS, Pcaps, web server log analysis, and Splunk SIEM
- Utilize infrastructure-focused security solutions to protect our network
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least five (5) years of experience in intrusion detection analytics, including examining logs and console events
- Strong understanding of Data Normalization and Regular Expressions
- Experience in log aggregation and correlation
- Familiarity with on-premises, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience tracking, managing, and resolving incidents and requests using a ticketing system
- Familiarity with Request, Incident, and Change Management practices
- Strong leadership skills to mentor junior team members and lead projects
- Prior experience as a security-focused systems administrator
- Experience with Databricks or SQL
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this position. We know your time is valuable.
UltraViolet Cyber welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
If you want to make an impact, UltraViolet Cyber is the place for you!