At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Are you passionate about copyediting and publishing? Do you have experience in managing complex projects and delivering outstanding customer service? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Copy Editor role.
As the Senior Copy Editor, you will be responsible for executing the daily tasks of running project(s) assigned to you in accordance with client expectations as overseen by the Client Manager, Senior Manager, or Associate Director.
How you will make an impact:
- According to client contract, you may be responsible for daily management of copyediting assignments, tracking papers, meeting deadlines, and serving as the primary point of contact for all project stakeholders.
- Collecting and recording institutional knowledge for the publication(s) you work on (e.g., maintain protocols, style guides, contact list, etc.).
- Acts as primary resource and mentor for Assistant Copy Editors and/or Copy Editors within the client group.
- Distribute work to Assistant Copy Editors and/or Copy Editors as directed in the Content Management Division. Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day completion of all project/client tasks.
- Contribute to performance reviews for the employees within client/project group. Is in continual contact with the Client Manager/Senior Manager regarding the performance of the individuals within their group.
- Onboard new projects to the client group as needed, under supervision of the Client Manager or Senior Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all project stakeholders at forward facing events/calls/meetings involving the client or project.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant education.
- Minimum 1 year of experience at J&J and/or relevant other publishing or professional copyediting experience.
- Experience providing outstanding customer service, managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, and working in highly collaborative team settings.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a time-driven, deadline-based environment.
- Experience in customer service, time management, and task prioritization.
- Experience working in collaborative team settings.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.