Kuali is seeking a highly motivated and experienced SDR to join our team. You will play a crucial role in teeing up SQLs for the AE team to convert them into SQOs. This position reports directly to the Director of Business Development and offers the opportunity to work remotely.
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values :
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 7 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
At Kuali, we are committed to providing a welcoming environment where people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, marital status, veteran status, military service eligibility, religions, and beliefs are included, valued and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion strengthens us as humans, as teams and as a company.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Represent Kuali as a leading SaaS provider in higher ed, over the phone, via social media, email, and at industry events. (expect 10% travel)
- Meet/exceed a weekly quota of sales meetings scheduled with SQLs.
- Predictably drive SQLs into meetings with Kuali account executives.
- Effectively understand and meet prospects’ complex business and technical requirements.
- Create weekly prospect hit lists based on prospect qualification requirements.
- Customize email, social, and phone communication to create curiosity and delight.
- Enthusiastically participate in ongoing training and development designed to help you innovate as our market changes.
- Work closely with Kuali’s internal network of stakeholders to drive innovation, best practices, and a team environment.
- Provide feedback to Kuali’s internal network of stakeholders on sales tools, prospect intelligence, and results from campaign follow-up.
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations to articulate our value proposition.
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a highly competitive industry.
- Own and manage responses to MQL inquiries.
- Leverage internal product management, marketing, and engineering resources to solve prospect needs and issues in the spirit of true team selling.
We’re looking for curious, enthusiastic, empathetic business developers. In a fun and challenging start-up environment, they’ll need to solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. As a sales development Representative here, you’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it.
- Possess grit, tenacity, and an intrinsic motivation to compete and win.
- Have strong alignment with the Kuali values.
- Understand that team success is the most important success and perform accordingly.
- Proven success exceeding quota in SaaS business development.
- Intent on developing a B2B sales career.
- Experience in outbound business development to IT/IS departments.
- Experience with any sales methodology. E.g. Challenger Sales, Value Selling, The Sandler System, and/or Spin Selling, etc.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Sales Navigator.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent business writing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
We’d Be Delighted If You Bring Experience With:
- Have experience working in higher ed technology.
- Have a genuine passion for helping to improve education
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Have a familiarity with a sales qualification methodology.
- Have expert command of the sales acceleration tool and sales engagement platform, Salsloft.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Employee resource groups and community events