About Big Huge Games
Originally operating as SecretNewCo, the company was founded in March of 2013 by a group of industry veterans (Civilization II, Rise of Nations, FrontierVille). Big Huge Games is dedicated to “Finding The Fun” through rapid prototyping and a focus on a great user experience. We’re a small, passionate team of experienced game development veterans, proudly located just north of Baltimore, MD.
Summary Of Position
Big Huge Games is looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented Quality Assurance Tester to join the team to ensure that ongoing development of DomiNations, as well as new titles, meet and exceed the BHG quality bar. The ideal candidate would possess a strong technical skill set, excellent written communication skills, a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to remain agile in a dynamic and challenging environment. This candidate should also have a deep passion for problem-solving, tinkering, curiosity, and learning new technical skills and knowledge.
All applicants MUST include a cover letter detailing why you want to be a QA tester and what you think it means to test a game vs play a game. Applications missing a cover letter, or missing a response to the cover letter prompt will not be considered.
This opening starts as an entry level, temporary / contract position.
Our headquarters are in Timonium, MD. While we prefer locally based candidates, with mutual agreement, we can accommodate a remote work environment for candidates.
- Execute test cases to verify bug-free functionality of new and existing features
- Discover, research, and document project bugs and defects
- LiveOps support, investigating potential live issues and bugs
- Working directly with the programming and design teams to investigate and reproduce complex issues
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem-solving mindset and troubleshooting skills
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to think outside the box and explore obscure and odd solution possibilities
- Familiar with iOS and Android games and apps
- Ability to work long and odd hours when necessary
- Strong technical background; degree in Computer Science or equivalent field preferred
Nice to Have
- Familiar with command line interfaces such as bash, sh, cmd, and multiple operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Scripting or programming experience
- Big Huge Games is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.