Here at Fnality, we are powering the future of finance, together: combining best in class technology with free-flowing creativity, and expertise that can make business better for everyone. There are no precedents for what we are doing. With you on our side, we will be setting new ones every day.
In a complex world, we are here to bring clarity and make positive change.
Fnality UK Limited (Fnality UK) is a new entity within the Fnality Global Payments ecosystem, the operator of a new regulated payment system for the United Kingdom. We operate in a Remote first environment, this role will be remote with the requirement for occasional travel to our London office.
Reporting directly into the Fnality UK Head of Internal Audit, this third line of defence position, will support independent assessment of the adequacy of Fnality UK’s operational controls under strict regulatory supervision.
Fnality UK is looking for its second Audit professional who can demonstrate competencies which will enable them to successfully:
- Work with the Head of Internal Audit supporting the development of the annual internal audit strategy and risk-based work plan, in consideration of Fnality UK’s risk framework and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Build knowledge of Fnality and the FnPS (e.g., technologies, suppliers and sub-suppliers, regulatory landscape etc.) to help evolve the scope and depth of the audit plan as the business grows and scales up.
- Reporting into the Head of Internal Audit for Fnality UK (Fnality UK), who reports directly to the Chair of the Audit Committee
- No line management responsibility
You will need to take accountability for :
- Support the development of the internal audit framework including policies and procedures and supporting artefacts.
- Support Audit Committee meetings including the preparation of agenda packs and reports, minutes and actions tracking.
- Lead on audit/advisory engagements including stakeholder management, scoping and risk assessment, planning, delivery and reporting.
- Follow up on open audit recommendations with stakeholders until successfully closed and escalate where appropriate.
- Managing multiple engagements and ensuring delivery against budget and to required quality standards.
- Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on matters relating to risks and controls and compliance, e.g., individually, workshops, steering groups etc.
- Confidently challenge the Fnality UK first and second line teams in relation to audit areas, highlighting and challenging any areas of concern, and achieve buy-in for mitigation actions.
- Deputise for the HIA as required, acting as the Internal Audit expert for Fnality UK and its activities to any relevant regulators or other stakeholders.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- An experienced Internal Auditor from either an FMI/ regulated financial services organisation or a professional services firm
- Worked Audit experience in the following business areas; Governance, Finance, Operations, Incident Management, Regulatory, Risk, People, Third Party, Technology (IT General controls, change, security, resiliency and business continuity)
- Ability to raise and engage audit findings across the organisation, challenging pre-decisions and influence perspectives.
- Demonstrable record of developing and or contributing to driving strategy for an Internal Audit Function
- Thorough understanding of the principles and applications of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal skills which must include report positioning and clarity.
- Ability to think of the big picture strategy whilst governing the day-to-day administration of Internal Audit.
- Internal Audit qualification such as CMIIA, CIA, CISA or equivalent.
Demonstration of fungibility and flexibility:
- Willingness to learn about all aspects of the business.
- Proactive engagement on all aspects of the business.
- Understanding of risk in an organisation and its importance to its business model.
Nice to have:
- A good working knowledge of Financial Market Infrastructure or payment system regulations and regulatory requirements, particularly with respect to outsourcing and third-party service providers.
- Experience or understanding of CHAPS, SWIFT, ISO27001 and NIST
- FinTech, Financial Services or Start-Up Experience.
- Application and understanding of Agile methodologies.
What can we offer:
As well as the opportunity to make this role your own and really shape the future of Fnality, we offer a market leading compensation package which includes (but not limited to):
- Remote First environment with a central London office for those who want it.
- Pension scheme with Royal London
- Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Swappable Public Holidays
- Quarterly paid Wellbeing days + Birthday off
- Health cash plan covering dental, optical and more
- 24/7 confidential employee helpline
- Values and Outcomes way of working (flexibility)
- Once in a generation opportunity to shape a dynamic blockchain start-up on the cutting edge of fin-tech
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that not only shares our values but represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be as individuals and as a team. Please talk to us about your ideal working arrangements and how we can enable you to bring your best and support our success.
This role is a UK based role, and you must be eligible to work in the UK. Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role.
A bit more about us
Digital transformation is changing our lives, work and businesses. While other sectors evolve however, financial markets remain slow, fragmented and siloed. What the world needs now is a future-facing financial system for the digital age.
At Fnality, we have been speaking – and listening – to the real users of today’s financial systems. From businesses to banks, there is a clear, collective ambition for a simpler, faster, safer and more resilient payment system; one that can move and settle money quickly and efficiently, with minimised risk and much more transparency.
Fnality UK Limited (Fnality UK) is the newest and first entity within the Fnality Global Payments ecosystem, the operator of a newly regulated payment system for the United Kingdom. Fnality UK operates on a Lean resourcing model, so we need people to be flexible and happy to get involved in a variety of tasks.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at email@example.com.