embecta is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of approximately 2,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit embecta.com or follow our social channels on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Global Payroll Manager – Remote Role
embecta is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships, and the passion of approximately 2,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit embecta.com or follow our social channels on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
As a Global Payroll Manager at embecta, you are responsible for all payroll related responsibilities in many countries. This includes processing payroll, managing Statutory
taxes, special payroll deductions, reconciliations, prepare payroll journal entries and manages all payroll related 3rd party relationships including various tax agencies. This role will work in partnership with BDO regional leads and Convera to ensure end to end processes are successfully implemented to drive compliant and timely pay.
Currently we have payroll in 30+ countries like in the UK, Netherlands, Taiwan, Belgium, Switzerland, Brazil, South Africa, Singapore, France, Spain, Brazil, Colombia, Vietnam, Finland, Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Philippines, Saadia Arabia. South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Germany, Poland, Canada, Sweden, and Dubai. The International payroll will expand into Italy, Mexico, Russia, and Kenya.
- Manage and process payroll
- Identification, mitigation and remediation of issues, findings and control gaps. Manage escalation.
- Ensure compliant processes and controls are established
- Trained and maintained in accordance with required laws, regulations and tax obligations.
- Coordinate with HR on payroll preparation
- Coordinate with the Treasury on payroll funding
- Reconcile Payroll, bank payment and 3rd party vendor systems.
- Prepare payroll journal for GL team.
- Manage all payroll vendor relationships and payroll tax agency.
- Support and manage new payroll initiatives: setup payroll in new countries or new pension plans in existing payroll.
- Assist the Reconciliation manager with other day-to-day tasks.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Team player
Education / Experience:
- Excellent Worksheet (Excel / Google sheet) skills
- Good knowledge of payroll and some accounting background
- Familiar with the use of accounting software & Convera (preferably IPPEX)
- Good numerical skills and the ability to spot discrepancies and errors
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and under stress
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- High School diploma
- Four to Seven years of Global Payroll Experience
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience
embecta Corporation is located in Parsippany, NJ that provides Healthcare all over the world. We require someone to be based in the United States,
commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
embecta is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.