Join us in bringing joy to customer experience. Five9 is a leading provider of cloud contact center software, bringing the power of cloud innovation to customers worldwide.
Living our values everyday results in our team-first culture and enables us to innovate, grow, and thrive while enjoying the journey together. We celebrate diversity and foster an inclusive environment, empowering our employees to be their authentic selves.
The Tax Manager will have dual reporting responsibility to Chief Accounting Officer and Sr. Director of Indirect Taxes and will be responsible for overseeing all direct US and International tax activities. The Tax Manager ensures company is tax compliant and stays current with regulatory changes. Takes initiative by improving and owning tax related activities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for review, validation and SOX controls for all Corporate and International tax workpapers including tax provision, tax returns, tax planning & projections, and tax extensions prepared by outsourced public accounting firm.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring domestic and international tax forms are complete, accurate and filed on time.
- Responsible for working with state, local, federal, and international tax authorities and/or advisors on direct taxation matters to resolve tax issues.
- Assist with implementing global tax projects/planning initiatives as requested
- Take the lead in compiling audit support, prepare summaries.
- Gather, analyze, and coordinate accurate VAT reporting with external bookkeepers including VAT registrations as we expand globally
- Ability to understand differences between GAAP and corporate income tax.
- Maintain tax calendar to track domestic and international filing deadlines.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding tax laws and changes and its impact to the company.
- Partner effectively and proactively with Finance and/or other external/internal parties to drive and implement process improvements.
- Interact with internal and external parties to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide tax related information.
- Oversee compliance with internal controls for the financial reporting and U.S. tax return for income taxes: Involves making sure internal controls are relevant, properly defined, effectively designed, and well documented.
- Domestic, Canada and other international Indirect taxes as needed
- Research accounting and tax issues
- Other tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA and or MS Taxation is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or equivalent industry experience
- Strong knowledge of US Corporate and International tax laws.
- Deep technical expertise in ASC 740 (US GAAP Accounting for Income Taxes) as it relates to multinational corporations
- Demonstrates knowledge of tax laws.
- Experience with Netsuite, Logisense, Avalara a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high attention to details.
- Able to stay flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and possesses a sense of urgency.
- Exercises sound judgement in decision-making situations.
This role is fully remote for candidates who reside at least 50 miles away from our San Francisco or San Ramon office locations. For candidates who reside within 50 miles of our San Francisco or San Ramon locations, this role will be Hybrid.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Five9 supports pay transparency during the entire recruitment process. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate including, but not limited to: skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the job across the United States. Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package during your hiring process.
Additionally, the total compensation package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock, and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Our Total Reward Package Also Includes:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage, beginning on the first day of employment. Five9 covers 100% of the employee portion of the health, dental and vision coverage and shares a high portion of the dependent cost. We also offer Short & Long-Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, and a 401k saving plan with employer matching.
- Access to an innovative mental health support platform that offers personalized care and resources in areas such as: therapy, coaching and self-guided mindfulness exercises for all covered employees and their covered dependants.
- Generous employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid Time Off, Company paid holidays and 12 weeks paid parental leave.
All compensation and benefits are subject to the requirements and restrictions set forth in the applicable plan documents and any written agreements between the parties.
The US base salary range for this role is below.
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
California residents, view our Privacy Notice here: https://www.five9.com/legal/candidatenoticeca.
Note: Five9 will never request that an applicant send money as a prerequisite for commencing employment with Five9.
Our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area with global hubs in the United Kingdom, Germany, Philippines, Portugal, and Australia.