The Chief of Staff will serve as a right hand to the President and Chief Investment Officer and play a critical role across several parts of the business, including but not limited to, acting as a project leader, managing communications to internal and external stakeholders including our Private Equity metrics and Board, conducting financial modeling and analysis playing a key role in M&A, deal structuring and equity offers, and driving the execution of the company’s organic and inorganic growth strategy. An ideal candidate is eager to learn, highly adaptable, and can build interpersonal relationships with senior leadership and external stakeholders. The right candidate is proficient in data modeling, forecasting, project planning, and can quickly distill complex information into succinct insights and recommendations. Cross-functional exposure and previous experience understanding the inner-workings of fast-paced growth stage organizations is a must.
This position may be remote or located in Birmingham, AL office. If in Birmingham, we offer a hybrid schedule 3-days in-office, 2 days remote.
Reports To: President and Chief Investment Officer
- Act as the analyst, consultant, project manager and sounding board for the President and CIO
- Create detailed business cases and project plans in support of key strategic initiatives; work with executives and senior leadership across several functions to ensure execution of the business’s most critical priorities
- Drive the financial planning and analysis function, working closely with the President, CIO and CFO to build budget / forecast models and develop analyses to inform business strategy
- Work with CFO and other stakeholders to refine monthly reporting packages for the Partners and Board of Directors; monitor and identify trends with core metrics, KPIs, and industry and competitive insights
- Support the entirety of the M&A process, including sourcing acquisition targets, conducting financial and operational due diligence, and leading execution workstreams
- Own deliverables for Board and other key meetings, preparing agenda, conducting analysis, and assigning and following up on action items
- Act as proxy for the President and CIO when needed; attending meetings in their place and distilling hour-long meetings down to 5-minute summaries
- Manage day-to-day action item lists and create processes to ensure follow-ups from internal and external meetings
- Participate in hiring process as needed; assist HR and interview candidates for critical roles
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary + Annual Bonus based on growth
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Charitable Workday
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with company stipend for you and your dependents
- 401(k) + Safe Harbor contribution
- Company-sponsored Short-term and Long-term Disability + Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Accident, Cancer and Critical Care coverage for you and your dependents
- Dependent Care FSA, Medical FSA and HSA with qualifying medical plans
- Parental Leave
- Surface Pro + Home setup
- Opportunities for continuous learning and growth within the company.
- Loads of awesome RFG Swag!
- Be a part of a team that’s making strides in the financial services industry, with a culture that values your contribution and encourages professional growth.
RFG Advisory is an innovator in the wealth-management industry. Recognized by Forbes/Shook Research as a Top 100 RIA in America, by Investment News?as a 2021 and 2022 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers, and by Wealth Management.com as Top Non-Custodial RIA Support Platform of the Year in 2022, our team of A-players have a servant heart and a warrior mindset. Our success is driven by a team of professionals from a diverse spectrum of industries who work together to foster independence of Financial Advisors across the country. Disclosure: www.rfgadvisory/awards
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and changing industry. Our most recent Net Promoter Score among our corporate team is a 90 with 94% participation and with our Advisor NPS is a 82 versus industry average of a 44. Our team members consistently comment about our culture, teamwork, support of leadership and executive team and the collaboration that happens amongst our functional teams. So, if you are looking for a fun group of people to work with in an ever changing, never a dull moment organization, please apply!
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience in a combination of management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking or private equity
- Hands on experience with financial planning and analysis, company strategy, operational planning and execution. Direct M&A execution experience is a plus.
- Prior experience supporting or covering growth-stage financial services, FinTech or software as a service businesses
- Strong EQ and interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with and influence teams and stakeholders at various levels within the organization
- Excellent listening, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions across multiple functions
- Highly resourceful – able to find a way to get things done. Takes ownership of deliverables, hits deadlines, and provides an outstanding work product all while having exceptional attention to detail
- Must understand the critical nature of the role and willing to roll up sleeves when needed with a “no task is too large or too small” mentality