We are XEMPUS, Europe´s leading independent Software-as-Service (SaaS) platform for the distribution of pension and life insurance. Our mission: making pension and life insurance digitally understandable, efficient, and accessible for everyone. We have been shaping the digital transformation of the insurance industry since 2007. Currently we are integrating new product categories on our platform like company health care and establishing our solutions in further European countries. Here at XEMPUS, we believe in a world where people together can make an impact, anywhere! Whether from one of our offices, remote or hybrid – Join us and together we create a more secure future for everyone.
As a strong and confidential partner for the Management Board, you demonstrate the capability to lead alongside it. With effective relationship-building skills and strong people management capabilities, you handle pressure while making high-level decisions. Highly organized and with extensive experience in performance and project management, you possess a versatile skill set including communication, strategic thinking, and analytical abilities. Your strong diplomatic, leadership, and problem-solving skills enable and enhance daily business operations. Your superb interpersonal skills, such as understanding emotions and intentions, contribute to your role as a key member of the senior management team. The Chief of Staff reports solely to the Management Board.
Strategic sparring for Management Board:
- Acting as a strategic advisor to the management board, offering insights and alternative perspectives.
- Contributing to the decision-making process by providing well-researched input on key strategic questions, including risk assessment of new initiatives and business decisions.
- Providing data analysis and metrics on key performance and productivity indicators and suggesting strategic improvement initiatives.
- Identifying issues within the organization and provide workable options to management board for decision-making.
Implement strategic planning processes and lead special projects.
- Translating high-level strategic goals into actionable plans with clear timelines and ownership.
- Ensuring alignment of departmental goals with the company’s overall vision and strategy.
- Collaborating with SLT to implement business strategies while also soliciting consultation for improvements from SLT to present to management board.
- Working with SLT to measure team performance and provide tactical support to implement new projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Leading special projects on behalf of the management board.
- Project risk, cost and work assessment for initiatives and special projects.
- Create comprehensive materials for supervisory board meetings
Facilitate and support senior leadership team collaboration:
- Handle tasks such as agenda setting and distribution, communications with teams, and managing critical decision-making sessions or meetings.
- Improve processes and routines of cooperation with all functions, facilitating communication and collaboration across teams and functions.
- Describe the consistent pattern in which operational activities, processes, and meetings take place within an organization.
- Developing action plans for the dissemination of information across the organization.
- Serving as the liaison between employees, SLT and management board regarding employee well-being, company climate and the success of projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Anticipating, addressing, and resolving employee concerns in collaboration with the People department
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of change management processes, including impact assessment, and strategic guidance to facilitate seamless transitions
What We Are Looking For:
- +5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced scale-up environment, strategy consulting, investing, financial services or investment banking environment
- University degree and/or MBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English language
- Detail-oriented and data-driven with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments in an executive role.
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate across departments in a productive manner.
- Proven track record of organizing, leading, and directing mid-sized to large teams.
- Possess a can-do attitude and an extreme dedication to efficiency.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- A business-minded strategic planner with experience in data analysis and budget management
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and highly reliable
- Join one of the leading insurtechs in Europe as it enters its next growth phase
- Chance to participate in one of the most generous employee stock option programs in the industry
- Secure your financial future with Germany’s best company pension plan (EUR 100 free + 100 percent matching on every EUR)
- Find creative freedom and quick decision-making structures in a dynamic, innovative environment
- Work with a team of amazing colleagues with great team spirit (company parties, charity events e.g.)
- Have the option to work anywhere for family friendliness and maximum flexibility in your everyday life. You can find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojR8_sCj3gM
- Broad range of personal & professional development opportunities: individual annual training budget, free courses, and a transparent career development model
- Various health offerings such as bike leasing and EGYM Wellpass
- Modern offices in a central location, including free drinks & fruit
- We offer you an option for an unpaid extra holiday in addition to your 30-day holiday entitlement per year
Does that sound like your kind of job? Then apply now!
If you have any questions, difficulties uploading your data, or require any assistance with the recruitment process, Alena Böhme (firstname.lastname@example.org | +49 151 40729783) is happy to help.