NTI, Inc. prides itself on being a company that places Americans with disabilities and caregivers into remote positions. If you are looking to get back to work after a long pause and/or want to jumpstart your career path, NTI can be a great resource for you.
We have a great opportunity in the customer service space with a large healthcare company that believes in making a difference globally. This healthcare company uses innovation and technology to empower its members to meet their health and wellness goals by meeting them where they are when they need care. This position will be temporary with the option to go permanent.
This position can be either part-time or Full-time. The customer service representative will utilize effective communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills to assist and provide complete and accurate information for benefit & claims calls. This position will work independently with periodic supervision to monitor performance. The position requires excellent telephone communication skills and a high level of skill in entering data into the computer while talking to beneficiaries.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responds to inquiries which may include telephone calls from members and providers concerning verification of coverage, claims, and benefits.
- Provides information concerning the completion of forms and submission of claims.
- Assists customers in locating participating providers in specified areas. Additionally, provide written lists when requested.
- Documents inquiry records.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Attend 100% of scheduled training and uptraining.
- Ability to learn and apply claim-handling skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires 2 years of experience in ONE of the following areas: Call Center Representative in an Inbound or Outbound Call Center, Medical billing/coding work experience in a hospital or doctor’s office, Dental claims billing/coding medical experience, Work experience as a chair-side dental assistant.
- College experience equivalent to 60 hours.
- Requires ability to learn and effectively navigate multiple systems and applications efficiently.
- Requires effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Conditions Of Employment:
- Successful completion of pre-hire testing.
- Successful completion of background check and Drug Screen is required for this position.
- Must be able to provide proof of education such as a high school diploma, GED, or college transcripts.
- Must be able to provide proof of two valid and in-date forms of ID.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to work Part-Time (20 hours) or Full-Time (40 hours).
- Shifts are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time. This may change due to business needs.
- Customer Service Representative must report to work as scheduled and will not be granted time off during the first 90 days of employment.
- The training is full-time and Remote and can be from 4-6 weeks long. It is mandatory to attend the entire training. Any missed time could lead to removal.
- Training times will be provided to you by the client when you are offered the position.
Home Office Requirements:
- Must have the ability to provide a non-cellular high-speed internet service such as Fiber, DSL, or cable modems for a home office. Hotspots, satellite, and wireless internet service are NOT allowed for this role.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10mpbs download and 5mpbs upload is required. For your convenience, you may use our prequalification test to determine if your internet meets our requirements: http://www.speedtest.net. Preferred 20MBPS download and 5Mbps upload.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI/HIPAA information.
- Sit for the majority of the workday, adhering to a set work schedule, scheduled breaks, and lunch.
- Responds to member’s/customers questions in a timely manner.
- Navigate through various sources of information and systems.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and type on a keyboard. The employee must also be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, speak clearly, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working from the quiet of their home office. No background noise such as TV, dogs barking, cell phone ringing, people talking, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.