The role is a remote position within one of CT’s major markets (NYC, LA, Chicago, or Miami), and will include occasional in-person meetings and travel (15%).
Common Threads is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director, Marketing & Communications to lead our marketing and communications department.
A successful candidate should be a strategic and creative leader who is able to set and deliver long-term objectives for the division, while also managing and executing the day to day marketing and communication needs of the organization. This position is responsible for owning and growing the Common Threads “brand” and will ensure all elements of the brand will be executed with a high commitment to excellence.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for the division
- Work closely with leadership to set and meet division goals, and manage up-to-date OKRs
- Oversee all marketing and communications platforms and touchpoints for the organization. This includes but not limited to:
- Inclusive of donation platform
- Social media
- Newsletters and listservs
- Brand collateral (utilized in our programming)
- Press Releases, press lists, and strategic communications initiatives
- Manage brand media partner relationships that help extend marketing and communications reach
- Work closely with the Director, Development to develop individual giving fundraising campaigns, and utilize all marketing and communication outlets to meet and exceed fundraising goals
- Develop and implement donor recognition strategy
- Implement marketing and communications promised partnership and grant deliverables
- Collaborate with the entire Growth division (consisting of development and marketing/communications) to develop effective donor communications and materials, as well as the creation of key development collateral, such as community impact reports and other documents, as needed
- Monitor and analyze data, and use insights to help direct department strategy
- Collaborate with Programs and Evaluation staff to propose programs and projects that meet funder interests while advancing organizational goals
- Support organization Managers (both development and programmatic) in becoming externally-facing representatives of Common Threads through ownership of the brand and how it is presented
- Run point on organization events
- The organization typically hosts 2-4 fundraising events a year within our main markets
- Additional events (i.e. press conference, fundraiser dinner, team retreat) may occur and are based on organization strategy and needs
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions of this role and are not an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of Marketing and Communications experience
- Experience working within a nonprofit organization
- Management experience required
- Proven track record of creating and implementing marketing and communications strategies for a national organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience overseeing and managing:
- Blog posts
- Donation platform integration
- Social media
- Presentation development and execution
- Newsletters and listservs
- Brand collateral
- Press Releases
- Familiarity with AI and developing technologies, and ability to modify department best practices to increase efficiency.
- A commitment to the mission and values of Common Threads
- Experience working with culturally diverse audiences
- Experience and/or high comfort level working virtually
- Design experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, as well as basic presentation design programs such as PowerPoint and/or Canva
- Understanding of the importance of department data integrity
- Familiarity with CRMs (i.e. Salesforce)or other CRMs)
- Common Threads employees are subject to a background check and fingerprinting prior to employment
- This is a full-time position that will primarily work Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, but some nights and/or weekends may be required
Common Threads offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 15 days of paid-time off, 15 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, medical, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program, and a 401(K) with company match.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
About Common Threads
Common Threads is a nonprofit that teaches children and families cooking and nutrition education to encourage health and wellness. We are national in scope, with strong roots in each of our 11 major program locations, reaching 30,000 children, parents, and teachers in 2020-2021. We equip under-resourced communities with information to make affordable, nutritious, and appealing food choices wherever they live, work, learn, and play. We know that food is rooted in culture and tradition, so we promote diversity in our lessons and recipes. We believe that adequate and healthy food contributes to well-being. For more information, visit www.commonthreads.org or Common Threads’ social media accounts (@CommonThreadsOrg on Instagram and @CommonThreadsUS on Twitter).